The journey has begun, follow along as I work on lowering my handicap and breaking 80!
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Driving Range practicing club lag and impact position!
I Hit the driving range yesterday to practice some new drills. I took lesson #2 from Golf Galaxy and I will post the video soon. My biggest issue in my golf swing is lag and impact position. I hit about 250 balls yesterday working on proper hand hinge creating the correct lag into impact position. It is AMAZING the amount of distance I gain when I hit the ball at the proper impact position. Previously I have been flicking my wrist at the ball, too much right hand which causes me to loose the lag in my club and severely cripples power and consistent club on ball impact. I have been working on picturing the butt end handle of the club following the target line of the swing and ball down into impact. This has helped but it is still proving very difficult to do consistently. I would say I am currently hitting it correct 4/10 swings. I am going to continue working on this, once conquered this will be the biggest improvement in my swing since I started golfing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment